Join the team
As our region continues to grow we are ready to help meet the needs of our community. Are you interested in joining our team? We’d love to hear from you.
You can contact our Practice Manager, Bek Hooley, with your cover letter and CV at: email@example.com
Dr Daniel Rankmore (GP/Director), Kylie Barnes (Office Manager)
Bek Hooley (Practice Manager), Dr David Lockart (GP/Director)
We’re Expanding our Team! – Nursing Position Available
Are you a compassionate and skilled Registered Nurse (RN) or Enrolled Nurse (EN) looking to make a real impact on our community’s health? Tallowwood Health is seeking a dedicated nurse to join our dynamic healthcare team to fill our part-time role!
Part-time Registered Nurse (RN) or Enrolled Nurse (EN)
As an Enrolled Nurse or Registered Nurse, you are at the heart of our healthcare team. Your role is pivotal in enhancing community health by delivering high-quality primary healthcare, promoting healthy choices, providing patient education and training, and offering emergency care. Your responsibilities will include delivering care, interventions, and treatment at our Practice, as well as in patients’ homes, and other community locations.
✅ Current AHPRA registration as a Registered Nurse or Enrolled Nurse
✅ A positive attitude and team-oriented mindset
✅ An ability to work independently and collaboratively, showing initiative
✅ A commitment to maintaining the highest level of professionalism and confidentiality
✅ Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills
🌡️ Qualification, or willingness to obtain certification, as a Nurse Immuniser (RN only)
🩺 Experience in Primary Care and Chronic Disease Management
💻 Proficiency in Best Practice software and proficient computer skills
👂 Completion of Ear Syringing course or willingness to obtain
🩹 Providing Primary Care Nursing Services, including urgent treatment and clinical triage
📊Assessing clinical needs, including the urgency and severity of presenting problems, to facilitate timely referrals
📋 Following up on patient test results and maintaining patient records and communication
📝 Assisting in collecting and updating patient history, observations, and examinations
🩺 Performing various clinical procedures, investigations and interventions (e.g. injections, wound care, spirometry, ABI and Point of Care testing)
🏥 Assisting in minor surgical procedures within the practice
🩺 Conducting health assessments, chronic and complex disease management
📄 Assisting in the completion of pro forma-based medical assessments
✅ Current Working with Children Check (WWCC)
✅ Current Police Check
✅ Current CPR certificate or willingness to undertake the necessary training
✅ Current Australian Driver’s License
✅ At least two professional referees
📄 Resume and cover letter addressing the essential and desirable criteria
– For more information, visit our website at: http://www.tallowwoodhealth.com.au
– Contact Alison, our Nurse Team Leader at (02) 6766 6166
– Applications close 30th September 2023
Don’t miss this incredible opportunity to become part of a dedicated team committed to making a real difference in the community’s health. 👨👩👧👦 Apply now and be a part of our mission to provide exceptional healthcare services to our great town!
Please send cover letter and application to firstname.lastname@example.org
About Tallowwood Health
Tallowwood Health seeks to improve the health and wellbeing of individuals, families and communities.
Our team delivers comprehensive and coordinated health care, guided by values of continuity, integrity, healthy choices and excellence.
Our practice nurtures an enjoyable, sustainable and collaborative working environment, focused on personal and professional development
At Tallowwood Health we are passionate about excellence in healthcare. Our team’s goal is to provide high quality services to the GPs working here, and contribute to the improvement the health both of their patients, and also our community as a whole. Our passion is built upon a history of commitment to our community and continuity of care to our patients. And when we say continuity we mean it! Our practice has been locally owned and operated by local GPs since 1892, when it was founded by generalist Dr. Austin Cooper. Throughout its 129-year history it has continued to be a pioneer in regional primary care and chronic disease management. The practice enjoys a vision focused leadership team and continues to be 100% General Practitioner owned and operated.
Throughout its 127-year history, the practice has adapted to serve the changing needs of health professionals and the community, and has adapted to use advances in technology in how care can be delivered. The practice has a proud heritage of pioneering services, such as diabetes clinics, which consistently demonstrate positive results for patients. Tallowwood Health’s focus on continuity of care, integrity, healthy choices, and excellence has remained steady.
- GPs enjoy supported clinical autonomy – we provide GPs wanting to operate from our site high quality support services and established systems through the work of skilled nursing and administrations staff.
- On site engaged leadership – vision orientated – Tallowwood Health is a service provider for GPs, which is owned and operated by GPs.
- Good communication – approachable staff, regular clinical meetings, scheduled open “catch-ups”, and cloud based electronic communication.
- Team orientated – ongoing investment in team development including work with HumanApp in 2020.
- Established chronic disease management programs.
- Goldilocks size – 8 GPs, 2 Registrars, 6 RNs, & 8 Admin
- Located in the medical precinct – central to specialist rooms and public & private hospitals
- Predominantly private billing.
- Even On-call and registrar / medical student teaching.
- At present, most GPs working from Tallowwood Health are not accepting new patients, reflecting the current demand for GP services.
We hope to work with vocationally registered GPs who hold fellowship through the RACGP or ACRRM, have unrestricted registration with AHPRA, and are enthusiastic about our goals and values. Options for part-time and full-time positions.
Our Contact Details
For more information contact our practice manager Bek Hooley on 02 6766 6166 or email email@example.com
More than just the home of country music, Tamworth boasts a beautiful semi-relaxed lifestyle, with easy commutes and affordable housing, while its central position and growing population provides quality schooling, sporting & cultural activities, and expected economic growth.
Our practice is close to both Tamworth Rural Referral Hospital, a well serviced 288 bed hospital, and Tamara Private Hospital. Over recent years the city has seen growth in its medical workforce and medical educational activities, and our GPs have access to a great range of medical specialists.
Find out more about Tamworth
- Continuity is providing care for all stages of life; from antenatal care to nursing homes.
- Continuity is respecting the lessons and traditions of the past; while embracing new evidence and innovative technology.
- Continuity is walking alongside the patient, through good times and bad times.
- Continuity is about trust and safety; and better health outcomes.
- Integrity means condentiality; confidence my private matters remain private.
- Integrity means financial transparency; understanding how much things will cost.
- Integrity means practicing health care based on evidence and not corporate sponsorships.
- Healthy choices include how we choose the type, quality and quantity of our food.
- Healthy choices include how we keep our bodies physically active.
- Healthy choices include how we think with positivity, growth, and abundance.
- Healthy choices include how we sleep, rest and recover.
- Healthy choices include how we connect in community
- Excellence is a commitment to continual learning and development.
- Excellence is about monitoring outcomes and adapting to local needs.
- Excellence is about safety